26th Urban Data Management Symposium, October 10-12, 2007, Stuttgart, Germany
to promote the development of information systems in local government since 1971.
An important aim of UDMS has been to provide a forum for people to discuss new approaches, to consider new
technologies and to share practical experiences in the field of urban data management. The focus has been on urban
applications but regional and rural issues have always been well represented and have grown recently in importance.
For the next symposium, the 26th , that will be held at the University of Applied Sciences of Stuttgart, the organising
committee invites you to submit a paper and take part to this important event.
UDMS International Programme Committee will consider two types of paper:
- original scientific research papers up to 6000 word (peer reviewed by three reviewers)
- technical papers up to 3000 words
All papers will be orally presented at the conference and printed in the UDMS proceedings
that will be published by Taylor & Francis as a hardbound book.
The themes the International Programme Committee would like to address are the following:
- Geo-collaboration in urban and regional environments
- Urban and Regional Computing
- The role of GIS in Urban and Regional Data Management for sustainable development
The Committee has also prepared the following list of topics that should be considered with reference to themes listed above. Other topics
can be proposed provided that the reference with the themes is demonstrated.
- Evolution of UDM to the enterprise level
- GIS role in enterprise Urban Data Management infrastructure
- UDM as a platform for integrating technologies
- Data management for Emergency response
- Risk prevention and spatial planning for sustainable development
- Data harmonisation and standardisation
- 3D as an integral part of UDM
- The proliferation of remote sensing applications in UDM
- Policies and systems for Emergency response
- Systems for measuring changes in the state of U&R environments
- Location technologies in UDM
- Cooperation among local authorities
- Full papers submission deadline: March 5, 2007
- Notification of acceptance: April 30, 2007
- Final papers delivered by: May 28, 2007
- UDMS 2007 dates: October 10-12, 2007