The Guest Editors of the ISPRS
The Guest Editors are very pleased to have this special issue in an open access journal and also happy that the journal publishers have agreed to our request that as long as the papers are submitted before the submission deadline (28th Feb 2015) , the journal publishers have kindly agreed to publish planned papers free of charge.
The last decade has seen a rapid growth in open source geospatial software and open data developments. Building upon the broader progress in open science, the synergies in the developments in open source geospatial software, open data, open standards, open hardware and open access to research publications have been key in accelerating the advancement for open geospatial science and applications. We invite original research contributions on all aspects of open source geospatial software and its applications, and particularly encourage submissions focusing on the following themes for this Special Issue.
- The use of open source geospatial software and data, in and for scientific research
- Academic endeavours to conceptualize, create, assess open source geospatial software and data, and teach such usage.
- Use of Open Data and Big Data
- Data quality, software quality
- Open source implementations
- Open SDI
- Community building
- Assessment of costs and benefits of open source applications and open source business models
- Architectures and frameworks for open source software and data
- Teaching geospatial sciences with open source solutions and open data
- Open Source GIS application use cases: government, participatory GIS, location based services, health, energy, water, climate change, etc.
- Human computer interfaces and usability in and around Open GI systems
Details and submission guidelines including instructions for authors at http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/science-applications.
If you are interested to submit your paper , please email your abstracts to me at Suchith.Anand@nottingham.ac.uk before 15/08/2014. The Guest Editors look forward to your contributions.