Participants and focus
The conference addresses OSM mappers and community activists, open source developers, researchers from universities and academic institutions, designers and cartographers, as well as GIS professionals from private and public institutions. The conference will offer a common ground to people from various backgrounds and disciplines where they can meet and exchange knowledge, experiences, plans and ideas on the development, use and improvements of OSM. In addition to former OSM-conferences we will establish a specific focus on research with a relation to OpenStreetMap.
You are invited to contribute to the following topics:
- Mapping: Share your insights on mapping, data, tagging, the state of the map in your country, etc…
- TechTalks: Share your knowledge and ideas on development, rendering and infrastructure.
- Powered by OpenStreetMap: You developed an exciting project / business idea based on OpenStreetMap? Tell us about your experiences!
- Convergence: We especially invite speakers to explore the scope of the open geo data world vs. the world of proprietary and authoritive data and software.
- Research: You are a researcher working with OpenStreetMap data, investigating the societal impacts of OSM or studying motivational factors? Share your findings with the OSM community!
- Other: You have an exciting idea that doesn’t fit any of the above themes? Tell us anyways :)^
Monday, 28 February 2011: End of Call for Papers
April 2011: Info on Acceptance / Preliminary Conference Programme
Monday, 13 June 2011: Deadline for full paper submission (optional)
Friday, 15 July 2011, 1pm to Sunday, 17 July 2011, 1pm: Conference
- Comprehensive talks, 45min
- Short talks, 20min
- Lightning talks: Short talks of 5 to 10 minutes. They will be organised in a more informal way on the Wiki and don’t obey to the deadlines.
- (Panel) Discussions