The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC®) has issued a Request for Quotations/Call for Participation (RFQ/CFP) to solicit proposals in response to requirements for the OGC Web Services, Phase 9 (OWS-9) Testbed.
The RFQ/CFP is available at here.
Responses are due by 5 pm EST on April 6, 2012. A bidders’ teleconference will be held on March 9, 2012. More information will be available at the URL above.
The Point of Contact is Nadine Alameh: email@example.com.
OWS-9 builds on the outcomes of prior OGC initiatives (http://www.opengeospatial.org/resource/demos) and is organized around the following threads:
- Aviation: Develop and demonstrate the use of the Aeronautical Information Exchange Model (AIXM) and the Weather Exchange Model (WXXM) in an OGC Web Services environment, focusing on support for several Single European Sky ATM Research (SESAR) project requirements as well as FAA’s Aeronautical Information Management (AIM) and Aircraft Access to SWIM (System Wide Information Management) (AAtS) requirements.
- Cross-Community Interoperability (CCI): Build on the CCI work accomplished in OWS–8 by increasing interoperability within communities sharing geospatial data, focusing on semantic mediation, query results delivery, data provenance and quality and Single Point of Entry Global Gazetteer.
- Security and Services Interoperability (SSI): Investigate five main activities: Security Management, OGC Geography Markup Language (GML) Encoding Standard Application Schema UGAS (UML to GML Application Schema) Updates, Web Services Façade, Reference Architecture Profiling, and Bulk Data Transfer.
- OWS Innovations: Explore topics that represent either new areas of work for the Consortium (such as GPS and Mobile Applications), a desire for new approaches to existing technologies to solve new challenges (such as the OGC Web Coverage Service (WCS) work), or some combination of the two.
- Compliance & Interoperability Testing & Evaluation (CITE): Develop a suite of compliance test scripts for testing and validation of products with interfaces implementing the following OGC standards: Web Map Service (WMS) 1.3 Interface Standard, Web Feature Service (WFS) 2.0 Interface Standard, Geography Markup Language (GML) 3.2.1 Encoding Standard, OWS Context 1.0 (candidate encoding standard), Sensor Web Enablement (SWE) standards, Web Coverage Service for Earth Observation (WCS-EO) 1.0 Interface Standard, and TEAM (Test, Evaluation, And Measurement) Engine Capabilities.
The RFQ/CFP includes details of these threads as well as details on participation eligibility, selection process and kickoff workshop information.